I just read with interest the following Key Points:
.   All TM patients should be investigated for signs, symptoms and serologic
evidence of systemic autoimmune disease (don't we already have an "autoimmune"
disease?)
.   Sjogren's syndrome, sarcoidosis and lupus should always be considered in a
patient with TM
.   Patients with TM in association with systemic autoimmune disease are more
likely to have recurrent neurologic disease and should be considered for
chronic immunomodulatory (looked that up on line and don't get it) treatment.
I'll let you know what my neurologist's reaction to the above will be Monday
when I'm scheduled to see her.
If my doctors are aware of the need for these key points, I'm not aware that
they are.