I have that too. My neuro prescribed celebrex. It usually happens when I am holding a pen or ironing.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] new unusual symptom.....LOCKING FINGERS AND THUMBS....
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:13:06 EDT

YES...!  Rita....I've had this happening to me for many months  now.
It comes and goes.....my index finger got stuck in that position one morning
for a few hours and it swelled up and was very painful....I finally got  up
the nerve to just pop it out of that locked position.
That hasn't happened since but occasionally they will lock for a few minutes.
I have found that using my hands too much will cause it to happen the next
day......such as wringing out too many cleaning rags, etc.
My neuro says it's arthritis.
   ~ Lynn

deal here.