Hi Deb,
Welcome to the group, although, it sounds like we all had a mental melt-down
when you first approached us.  I'm glad you tried again.  We need fresh faces,
ideas, reminders and medical news.  Sometimes it is the newcomers who give us
oldies the push we need.
I am always impressed with those of you who go back to work.  I always ask
myself, "How do they do it?"  Wow!
One of the ways my family knows that I'm over doing it is that I start bumping
into doorways, chairs, tables and grabbing onto their arms as I walk by
insisting I'm o.k..  Those are the evenings I sit on the sofa in burning pain
and wish I could just pull my leg and thigh out of the socket like seperating a
whole chicken.  Then I fear the phantom-pain would be just as bad.
Yes, the stamina got better for me.  I used to take naps every day and fall
asleep watching TV every evening.  I can make it through a day and maybe a week
without napping.  It used to take three or four days to recover from a day away
from the house.  Now I recover from everything overnight.  I can push myself
knowing that I'll get over it.  Yourstamina should increase over time.
I have a new answers to old friends who seem to insist that I wallow in some
kind of self-pity.  When they ask if I miss working, or, "How are you REALLY
doing?"  I tell them "I'm enjoying my life" or "I have a good life and I'm
enjoying it."
You're right TM changes things - everything.  Someone on the list once said,
"TM is not who I am."  and I quoated that to myself often in the first two
years.
Again, welcome to you and the others who have joined in the past months.  I
wish we could have a new-comers pot-luck as our church does.
Patti - Michigan
(TM since Nov 2003.  C4-C-6, walking wounded.)