As I am paralyzed by TM and in a manual wheelchair, most of my hell has been around the lack of transportation and access. The barriers magnify the pain... when there is no barrier, there is no pain... anyway, in case any of you are similarly challenged, I thought you might be interested in this.

Most of my time is spent writing and fighting for access.... yet to be gained

In conjunction with a grant received from the Federal Transit
Administration, Meeting the Challenge, Inc. is conducting a national
survey designed to collect information from people with disabilities
regarding their experiences with public transportation. Information
gathered will be used to determine what barriers still exist in public
transportation for people with disabilities and will be used to create
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) technical assistance materials
directed toward alleviating those barriers.

This on-line survey can be accessed from this link:
<http://mtcinc.transit.sgizmo.com/>http://mtcinc.transit.sgizmo.com . It will take from 5 to 15 minutes to
complete.

If you know someone who does not have internet access and would like to
participate the survey can be completed by phone by calling Meeting the
Challenge at
800-864-4264 (select menu choice #2), Monday through Friday between 9 AM
and 4 PM (MT). If you prefer a paper copy of the survey, call the same
phone number.

Please forward this e-mail to any individuals with a disability or to
any groups serving individuals with disabilities that you feel would be
appropriate respondents. We thank you for your participation and
assistance!

Cristi L. Harris
Special Projects Director
Meeting the Challenge, Inc