Thank you.  I appreciate the information very much.  Even though you have the
stim and I am going to get meds via this process, the technique sounds very
similar.  Thanks again.  mt
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Janice
  To: lynnemye...@yahoo.com ; tmic
  Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] Implantable pumps

  I have told a couple of people, but I am going to tell anyone interested in
what I use for nerve pain.
                         I have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my back
by my Pain Management doctor.   There is a needle-like thing put in the spine
with leaders coming off of it.  They are attached to a generator lower on my
back (very small incision).   I then use a magnet to turn the sensations on and
off according to pain level, etc.   It covers the pain before it can reach my
brain telling me that I have pain.  So, drugs are never used.     This is
expensive, but insurance covers a lot of it.

  This is definitely not the "pump" that some of you are talking about.     As
for spasms,  which used to really keep me awake at nite,
  I take Neurontin and Baclofen at different times in the evening.   That has
taken care of that problem.
  Just thought I'd through this into the discussion.   If any questions, let me
know.           Janice