Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:48:26 -0700
From: tmic-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
Subject: tmic-digest Digest V2009 #339
To: tmic-dig...@eskimo.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

tmic-digest Digest                              Volume 2009 : Issue 339

Today's Topics:
  Re: [TMIC] T.e.n.s. Unit              [ CANDIS KALLEY <cakal...@embarqmail. ]
  Re: [TMIC] using a T.E.N.S try unit   [ CANDIS KALLEY <cakal...@embarqmail. ]
  Re: [TMIC]                            [ CANDIS KALLEY <cakal...@embarqmail. ]

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:48:55 -0400
From: cakal...@embarqmail.com
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] T.e.n.s. Unit

I do want to tell you all about the TENS pads and my experience.  I am highly
allergic to many things especially glue - I need to use paper tape for example.
The pads provided with any TENS units caused me to have a rash and hives - VERY
uncomfortable.  I tried several types of pads - even the hypo-allergic - all
with the same result.  I think it's the gel used on the pads.
SO, I soak the pads in water for 24 and the gel falls off.  I then wash the
pads several times and dry them.  I then use paper tape to re-inforce the stem
area around where the connector comes out of the pad otherwise the stem falls
out in a couple of days.  When I use the pads, I use an aloe gel on the pad -
result no more alleric reaction.  You can get the aloe gel at any drugstore or
WalMart.  Good Earth has a brand, others have vit. E.
Just info in case some of you have the same problem.

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,

Candy K.