Thanks, I will ask my neuro

BERNARD BUTCHER

________________________________

From: Grace M. [mailto:grace...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:40 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Bernie---Spasms/Medications.

Hello Bernie,

Is it possible that your spasms are tonic?  If so, there is a good
chance that they would be responsive to Tegretol.  Previously, mine were
so bad that I had no quality of life.  Episodes were coming six to eight
times per hour round the clock, complete with body posturing, and
lasting for at least a full two minutes.  They finally hospitalised me
to determine what type of spasms they were and to decide on treatment.
The neuro did a physical exam, and then had me hyperventilate for a
period of two minutes, which induced an attack of spasms.  He knew then
that they were tonic, and prescribed Tegretol.  Within 24 hours, I was
spasm free.  Currently, I take 1200 mgs per day, and with the exception
of the odd breakthrough episode, am spasm free  I've been on it now for
over four years with no problems. It might be worth investigating.

Gracie