He has been quite the proactive person over the years in trying to help get
things done to help the TMA, to help Dr. Kerr and to help disabled peopled
peopled in general.
Over the last few months we've discovered that he's done some drumming for the
50's Doo-Wop group The Edsels, We found out that he also wrote a book called
"Living With A Spinal Cord Injury, He founded the International Disability
Coalition to try and help fund Dr. Kerr at Johns Hopkins who also just so
happens to be his cousin. He also wants the IDC to be able to help disabled
individuals with various things, such as supplies or assistance with things and
he specifically spoke of a post he saw on here yesterday. Gunny sent me a note
yesterday referencing the post from Akua and how
she has to pay $88 a month to get someone to shop for her. That is
utterly rediculous..!! Gunny would love to be able to have the means to provide
a service to a person such as Akua with no charge to her either through
volunteers or organizations donating their resources. Ultimately this is the
type of thing we are shooting for.
Anyway, I recently come across this bit of information.
Click the link and read what it has to say...Extremely interesting.
http://www.myelitis.org/articles/20000605tmapr.htm

How many of us knew that..?   I didn't.

When Gunny contacted me and asked me if I'd like to help him work on trying to
get the IDC built up some more through a series of raffles and other ideas, I
jumped at the chance. It seems that since President Obama lifted the ban on
stem cell research nothing else has happened because there has been a total
lack of funding for continued research. Currently, it seems that the only way
anything is going to get done is if we, ourselves takes this bull by the horns
and do something for ourselves.
If anyone has any input, thoughts, ideas, criticisms etc....please let me know
and they will be duly noted.
Thanks,
Kevin