Sounds like poltics at its finest moments.

-----Original Message-----
From: kevin weilacher <hwyfli...@yahoo.com>

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 07:14:56
To: Jim Lubin<jlu...@eskimo.com>; <TMIC-LIST@eskimo.com>
Cc: <bgunny7...@aol.com>
Subject: [TMIC] Stem Cell funding

Yes...I do stand corrected....I misspoke when I made the general statement on
stem cell research.
I guess my basic point is this....President Obama lifted the ban on funding on
human embryonic stem cell research back in March I believe it was. From
articles I've read, even though that ban was lifted, no federal funding has
reached the researchers which has obviously slowed their progress.
There was supposed to be 8.2 billion dollars made available for this. Now the
researchers are having to rely on private funding and whatever grants they can
find. Anything we can do as a nation of people, to help that situation out,
certainly can't hurt.