From: Janice Nichols [mailto:jan...@centurytel.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 11:24 AM
To: tmic-l...@eskimo.net; Barbara Alma
Subject: Re: [TMIC] I'm fessing up

Good for you, Barbara!     Keep it up.

Janice

From: Barbara Alma <mailto:balmat...@aol.com>

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 5:21 PM

To: tmic-l...@eskimo.net

Subject: [TMIC] I'm fessing up

Ok guys - here I go again.  I've laxed off again on my exercises.  Seems
that I do this so often, and I know that I am not the only one and that is
why I am making this confession public.  Maybe this will help me to stay
focused for a while at least, knowing that other eyes are on me, lol.  And,
maybe it'll get some of you moving it again.

I have been sick since the last week of October, with various bouts of a
bug, what appeared to be some allergies, a cold or two, the flu 2x and now
just getting over a mild case of pneumonia.  I think the last of which was
just a breakdown of my body over the stress of our son Daniel being so sick.
So, I did not had more than about 8 days of "well days" if I am lucky since
then.  During this time I missed a 1st birthday party for my first great
niece, a wedding, and a weeks vacation in San Diego.  Happily I had 2 "well
days" at Christmas.  Sick the day after, lol.

I started riding my recumbent bike the other day and already I feel some
strength coming back, and believe me, I have gotten weaker over this time.
So, if any of you, and I know that there have got to be more than a few of
you, have also been getting lax on your exercises, please get back into the
swing of things again.  Our bodies need it, and it is such a boost to see
even a slight improvement.  If nothing else, we need to keep moving and
you'll feel like you are doing something good for yourself.

I picked my bike up for $50 on Craigslist.com last year.  If any of you live
in an area that has a Craigslist city listed anywhere near you, you'd be so
surprised on what you can buy there.  Tons of exercise and mobility stuff.

Take care and here's to a healthier and stronger 2010.

Hugs, Barbara A in Auburn CA