I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis in May 2009.  My symptoms developed
over a few days and I was discharged from hospital after 6 weeks with
partial recovery in my right arm but have residual numbness and tightness
through most of my body.  I have progressed to getting about with a wheely
walker and am wondering whether a Pilates class could be beneficial.
Another suggestion has been accupuncture.  Once the initial flurry of
interest in me as an 'unusual' case had died down, I felt abandoned and left
to my own devices by the British National Health.  Any recommendations on
the above would be welcome.
Iris