Ok, Janice, first day of spring or not, it is freakin cold here this
morning.  Minus eleven, with the wind-chill bringing it to -23C.  And it is
windy!  An inside day for me for sure, I had planned on going fishing -
yesterday it was beautiful and warm.  So today with the cold, my legs are
yelling at me.

As for the familial thing:  I was told no, it is not familial.  However, my
15 year old son has extreme difficulties with his legs, the pain, etc.  They
have ruled out everything - the good and the bad - but he still has the same
kind of pain that I do.  He has a small spot on his spine at T2, but of
course:   "there is no way that can be giving him the symptoms he describes"
I am hoping that it is not hereditary, as I have four children.
Interestingly enough, when I was diagnosed, the afflicted son was the only
one to ask that question!

Have a great day.

Janet