Hear Hear ! I know exactly how you feel. you were able to put into words what
many of us with TM experience every day! gerry montreal

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:01:02 -0700
From: tmic-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
Subject: tmic-digest Digest V2010 #321
To: tmic-dig...@eskimo.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

tmic-digest Digest                              Volume 2010 : Issue 321

Today's Topics:
  RE: [TMIC] good to see posts          [ "Dalton Garis" <malugss...@gmail.co ]

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:44:17 -0400
From: malugss...@gmail.com
To: kimr1...@bellsouth.net; jcs...@yahoo.com; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [TMIC] good to see posts

I feel so much luckier than most of you, because I am a 62-year-old professor;
which means that, even after a fit of spasms that leave me temporarily unable
to talk or use my legs, I can still write papers and continue working on a book
I hope will be read (it is my second) someday soon.  I can also plan my
lectures around these attacks by lecturing in the morning, before they are due.

Never mind that I can no longer drive and must sell my car, or that I have had
to give up so many things.  No one is remembered for having a great life of
sports and enjoyments.  Or that we liked a good cigar after dinner (I did!); or
that we went to the beach in summers and knew how to enjoy ourselves.

What we will be remembered for is the way we acted toward others, especially
those who could do us no good; if we ever seemed to do things for others for
which only the good deeds themselves would have been the payoff; that if we
were religious, our religion was in our heart and not so much in our mouth; and
if our talk made things easier for others, not harder.

I saw my life before TM as 2-dimentional, filled with many things I enjoyed but
which made no difference for others; but now I am trying to make it
3-dimensional, going upward from that surface I used to live on, to attempt to
include the dimension of earning my day by doing something useful for others
whenever I have the strength, even if it is just getting along with my neighbor.

It doesn’t mean I reject any material aid to fight the disease I can get.  Ends
depend on means.  So, for depression, for instance, I discovered that pushing
up daily dosages of Omega-3, has ABSOLUTELY helped me fight depression.  I have
taken 40mg/day of Prozac for about 12 years, with only some success.  But after
taking large daily doses of Omega-3 I have actual jolly moments for the first
time since I was 3-years-old.

And I take 600 mg/day of Lyrica, to stop that feeling of being flensed from
head to toe.  Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with the fits, seizures or
whatever you want to call them.  Lately, they have left me dazed and wondering
what happened.

No matter.  I have an appointment on a day not known to me or of my choosing.
I imagine being behind some poor soul making excuses for not doing more to make
that own little world of friends and acquaintances better off by any measure at
all.  “Did the news not reach you about a day like this?—from parents, friends,
from studying, reading things, or hearing about it from others—nothing?”  I
don’t want to be in that position.  I want to have anticipated it!

I don’t succeed too often, but there are some nights I can lie down with
satisfaction that the day went pretty well, that I was able to get something
done.  Maybe it’s just getting dressed and making myself presentable for the
day, and that was it.

This letter is too long and preachy.  But I have come to the conclusion that
the only difference between heaven and hell is the neighbors.

Dalton