  From: Rev. Craig Crossman<mailto:revcross...@gmail.com>
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com<mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:16 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] RE: tmic-digest Digest V2010 #316

  I had multiple MRI's over a four day period plus nerve conductance tests and
another neuro test which showed the greatest impairment in my arms.

  I was blessed with a doctor who told me nothing but the truth; that there is
no cure (yet) for TM and that only symptoms can be treated. And he gave me some
reading material to study. One of the articles said that 80% of those diagnosed
with TM end up needing a wheelchair. But I determined to be part of the 20%
that don't. After I broke my back 11 years ago and had a partial spinal cord
injury I was in a wheelchair for a bit over a year while I "learned" how to
walk again. So being in one does not worry me - I managed before and I'll
manage now. The hardest part was learning how to drive using hand controls.