Amen.
My desire to give gifts has gifted me. The things I designed out of despair, because
I had no money to buy them, became patterns I now sell. And it happened again.
I so wanted to give my beloved niece something while she is studying abroad
at Oxford. And this effort became, beyond the things I created for her, four
new designs, and my first garment. So I am grateful for the creator's love
that sustains me in this barren wilderness of want and loneliness. It is
a sign, that bereft of every tool I once used, that I can still cobble something
from the detritus, still find light for a moment each day.
Akua