tis good to know without wondering.....

--- On Tue, 11/23/10, Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com>
Subject: [TMIC] Final diagnosis: Transverse idiopathic
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 2:32 PM

Well folks;

The doctor’s final diagnosis, of which I am in possession, affirms the earlier
diagnosis and in full regard to the New York work-up, that I had Transverse
Myelitis, idiopathic, which means, “cause unknown.”

He also said that the anomalies in the brainstem the New York drs noted was
also caused by Transverse Myelitis and is affecting my arms, hands and
everything below.  He also said that I did indeed have Transverse Myelitis, and
that it affected my upper spine and everything below.

Now, the goal is management, because it has affected things so that the fusions
and metal, which have always affected the circulatory system in the spine, can
make the TM act up.  Any change causes the spinal cord and associated nerves to
swell up hours later and give me problems for days.  This is the TM effect; and
I will need to deal with it from now on.

I am very happy since the pain is mostly easy except for days following any
stress or exertion, I can walk and go to work and do my job.  So, I am very
satisfied with the results.  No more guesswork, no more speculation.  I have a
confirmed diagnosis of TM that explains all this stuff.

Thanks for your patience and love,

Dalton

Dalton H. Garis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Economics