I met a woman at the gym also afflicted with TM.  The pain she suffers is close
to a ten and yet, she walks with a cane and can do Tai Chi (sp?).  I tried, but
my balance is so bad, I just cannot do it, and dropped out of that class.  The
point I'm making is how differently TMers function.  My pain is a five and I
seem to handle it without pain meds, just Neurontin.  And I'm not even sure
Neurontin really helps.  But I need a walker when I'm out.  Sometimes I wonder
if I would be willing to trade her pain with going shopping without needing a
walker, or holding on to somebody's arm.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

She swears by this Amtriptyline.  She says that she takes it at bedtime and has
no problem sleeping.  Her brother who is a orthopedic surgeon gives it to his
patients for sleeping.  Are you familiar with this medication?

Wishing you well.