--- Begin Message ---

____________________________________
 From: rba...@rpbakerfoundation.com
To:  rba...@rpbakerfoundation.com
Sent: 12/27/2010 12:59:00 P.M. Central  Standard Time
Subj: Clunker Math

Another screwing  we got , and it's driven the price of used cars up!

Clunker  Math:

Think  of it this way:  A clunker that travels 12,000 miles a year at 15
mpg  uses 800 gallons of gas a year.

A  vehicle that travels 12,000 miles a year at 25 mpg uses 480 gallons a
year.

So,  the average Cash for Clunkers transaction reduced US gasoline
consumption by  320 gallons per year.

They  claim 700,000 vehicles so that's 224 million gallons saved per year.
That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.

5  million barrels is about 5 hours worth of US consumption.  More
importantly, 5 million barrels of oil

at  $70 (could be approaching $90/barrel shortly) per barrel costs about
$350  million dollars So, the government paid $3 billion of our tax dollars to
save  $350 million.

We  spent $8.57 for every dollar we saved.

I'm pretty sure they will do a great  job with our health care, though.

--- End Message ---