I "celebrated" my 14th on December 30, two days after I celebrated my 34th anniversary with my husband:-)

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: bobby jim
Sent: Feb 3, 2011 7:07 PM
To: Lori Biehler , TMIC
Cc: Neil McNeil
Subject: [TMIC] Re: 10th!

And me missus will 'celebrake' her 14th this September.  And steady as she goes.
How time flies.

BobbyJim in Elvisland, no snow.
From: Lori Biehler      To: TMIC    Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 20:27    Subject: Re: [TMIC] 10th!

Happy Anniversary Neil!

I am thankful every day that I have met you and your family! Bad shit happens to good people all the time and making the best out of the bad shit is what makes you special.
I am happy to call you my friend.
Hope to see you and yours this summer.
Lori
PS. I am going on 13 years and I still see and feel improvement.

Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:58 PM
Subject: [TMIC] 10th!

It’s been a long time since I have posted to the list but today is special so I decided to drop by and say hello. Feb 4th is my 10th anniversary of TM. It’s hard to believe that ten years have passed and I like to say that time flies when you can feel your toes!

As crazy as it sounds there are worse things than getting TM. Over the past ten years I have gained an appreciation for many things as a result of TM. I’m so glad to live in a country where my medical care was provided free of charge and I didn’t have to fight with HMO’s or sell my house to deal with medical bills. I’m glad I have been able to work and I’m so pleased to have met some wonderful people who got dealt the same hand and made the most of it.

My theory remains that we don’t come with a warranty and there is no sense in bitching and whining about what happens. When I first got TM I asked my neurologist “why me?” He replied “it has to be someone”. I thought that answer was brilliant. Someone wins the lottery and someone gets hit by lightning. Ten years ago I made a decision that I was going to make the most of things and I’m glad I did.

So…hello again to those of you who have been here for a long time and also to those who are new. Hang in there and keep trying to wiggle those toes….it pays off!

Neil

(In NS)

Debbie
dca...@earthlink.net