Well family, I am back in New York;

I have lost my job as associate professor in a small college in the Middle
East.  I could not lecture anymore, it was just too exhausting and I got
sick a lot.  I was let go with three months' notice.

Now, as for most of us who have chronic diseases, I face financial oblivion,
and I donĀ¹t like the prospects.  But that is our lot in the US, the only
industrialized economy not offering government managed single pay medical
coverage for all citizens as a right.

Since coming home and being with my dear wife once again, I have not
suffered even one attack of agonist and antagonist muscle contractions, that
used to send me to the floor and unable to control my limbs and torso for
hours.  My condition is very sensitive to stress loads, as the lesions were
in the brainstem, the switching station for the body.

We are in Queens now, awaiting the news from the bank that will allow us to
take possession of a new-construction condominium.  For now, we live in a
basement apartment.

Anyway, for those friends living nearby, I would love to hear from them.

My number here is (917) 459-9733, a local call in New York City.

Take care,

Dalton