I've used "MacSpeech Dictate", the Mac implementation of the Dragon algorithms.
It worked well until my voice became guttural.

Alton, who is now 76

----- Original Message -----
From: Bernie <bpe...@austin.rr.com>
To: TMIC <tmic-list@eskimo.com>, ...
Sent: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:15:31 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [TMIC] OT - Question

Has anyone used the Dragon
        Speech System for their computer?  The one where you talk and
        the computer types?  Or do you know anyone who has used it?  I
        need to find out if it is worth the investment for me to do my
        biography before I shell out dollars only to find I've wasted
        them.  Thanks folks!

        Peace,

        Bernie in Texas (where it's still cooking with no rain in
        sight!)