We are fighters. Stress always aggravates my symptoms. You don't have to disclose everything at once if you symptoms are stagnant. My neurologist told me, "Status quo is good. Anytime you aren't going backward, going forward is easier." Simply disclosing that you had an illness that left me with resuduals that you're still fighting will give you time to decide where you want to be in your career field. It is possible the Ivory Tower will become a lesser goal as you want to push away from that stressful lifestyle. Some doctors do give up. They don't understand TM and won't or don't have the tme to learn about it. A doctor or neurologist who understands MS is an option. They can help with your current symptoms and be happy with you that you status is stagnant and not progressive as with many MS patients.

I was too sick after TM struck to return to my 35 year career in banking. I cared deeply for about a year. Once that year was over and there was no hope of returning to that terribly stressful job I breathed a sigh of relief and went on with my life. Of course, it is easier for those of us with the career behind us than for you whom are struck younger in age and had all of you aspirations ahead of you.
Patti - Michigan, USA