I saw this link today and thought some of you might be interested. I've
been reading SparkPeople.com for a while now and getting their daily
e-mails, and one recent one had this link to exercises for those with
limited mobility:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/lifestyle_center_detail.asp?id=19

I haven't looked into it much more than a quick perusal yet, but I was
interested because when I've tried different workout DVDs or systems, I've
haven't found any that I can do all of (I can walk but can't run, am
wobbly, have balance problems, and my knees and ankles give out). I've
found a couple of walking DVDs that are helpful (that show different
stretches and steps to break up the monotony) and can do some of the
exercises on the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout for the Kinect game system,
but at several points have to adapt somehow because I can't follow the
routine at points.

I was exercising regularly for the first time in ages last year but injured
my back just before Thanksgiving, and haven't gotten back into a routine.
That's one thing I discovered: exercising helped some muscles immensely but
also seemed to set off muscle spasms in my back. It also helped increased
stamina and energy levels, so I need to get back into it and find exercises
I can do.

Anyway -- I want to look into these more but thought I'd go ahead and pass
them along.

Barbara H.
http://barbarah.wordpress.com