My family knows a lot about genetically passed auto-immune issues. My
mother, sister and I have all manifested several auto-immune diseases. my
mother has had rheumatoid arthritis for many years and has bouts of both
temporal arteritis (inflammation and damage to blood vessels supplying the
head area) and alopecia (near-total hair loss). Lucky for her, with the help
of Rogaine for women, her hair has returned to near-original condition.

My sister had a minor bout of shingles several years ago (only affected her
left arm, but still extremely painful) and spent many years of pain and
discomfort and went thru many doctors before finally being diagnosed with
Celiac (gluten intolerance). Her system is so sensitive, she and her husband
even have to use separate cutting boards so as not to cross-contaminate
their food.

And I, of course, was stricken with TM six years ago. Though not sure if it
is also an auto-immune disease or not, I also have scoliosis, for which I
had spinal surgery at 19 to fuse 9 vertebrae and spent 11 months in body
casts.

My family has had enough of being "special"!

Betty Clark

(in Northern California)

  _____