Akua is right. It's important to be fitted for a wheelchair. There are a lot of measurements like how long from your back when you sit to where your legs bend. How high the foot plate should be, the width you need, etc. A good physical rehab should be able to recommend some one who can help you choose what wheelchair is appropriate for you and to fit you for the chair. ----- Original Message ----- From: <a...@artfarm.com>
To: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 12:58 PM
Subject: [TMIC] Re: wheel Chairs

I love my Quickie 2.
foam insert tires so i don't have to
worry about inflation
I use a Jay ez -- gel/foam cushion in it.
I remember trying a heavy medium and light chairs
and being told the differences when i was in the hospital….
the hospital chairs were just awful…..
It was fitted for me --- important part of
getting the right chair -- i remember all sorts of measurements and observations
of how i sat etc.

Although my physiatrist says there are better options.

I had shared the free online webinar on chairs -- it was very good.
perhaps the transcript is available online if you google it.