From: James Berg <molokai...@gmail.com>
To: tmic-l...@eskimo.net
Sent: Sun, August 12, 2012 4:36:47 PM
Subject: [TMIC] Fwd: The Great Swimming/Diving Adventure

Please laugh with me.  See below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Berg <mauiji...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Subject: The Great Swimming/Diving Adventure
To: Larry Shawhan <larryshaw...@yahoo.com>, Luigi Manera
<lui...@hawaiiantel.biz>, Peter Berg <stampitconcr...@yahoo.com>, Allen Beard
<wine...@wave.hicv.net>, William Berg <ccnb...@softcom.net>, rmoore9011
<rmoore9...@aol.com>, James Berg <molokai...@gmail.com>

Just didn't work.  First of all, my leaden legs that are so heavy are
really large cork floats and didn't need any floatation at all.
Secondly, even without additional flotation, my floaty legs flipped me
over very easily and I found my self on my back with my snorkle in the
water.  I really don't like breathing water.  The life vest helped but
my legs continued to be a problem.  Of course you can't dive with a
vest on.  What really did work well was using an old wheel chair to
access the boat launch ramp.  In and out worked well.

So next time we'll try leg weights, but not too much, I don't want to
drag on the reef and  some type of waist/chest flotation device.

Thanks to my friends and family for the help or I would have drowned.

Jim