With each passing season there are more things slipping away, including
intellectual capacities.  Life goes on and "shelves" us.

But we still have an important role in life and for persons around us.
Little as we realize it, but others know of us and watch us bear with
dignity and poise whatever life has caused us to carry.

Lately, I have been reading the Book of Job.  It occurs to me that those
"friends" of his who came to listen to his woes and criticize him, were, in
fact, his inner voices and not actual persons.  This is confirmed by how
smoothly he came back into his strengths and was confirmed by God.

Then I came upon another "tablet" called the Tablet of Patience.  It begins
with a recounting of Job's sufferings, but then discusses other scenes of
hardship and oppression on innocent persons, and how they bore up under
terrific pressures.  We can relate to all this.

The thing that impressed me and made me think is how much others witness and
take account of persons like us who have these difficulties that have taken
us out of life's ordinary flow and forced on us quite a different set of
experiences.  At the end, it is realized that as our mother was the womb of
our body, our body is the womb of our soul.  All this will disappear and we
will be left with our inner accomplishments and strengths, gained from our
hardships and struggles.

Dalton

Dalton Garis
Flushing, Queens