Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:09 PM
To: TMIC
Subject: [TMIC] Anniversary

So today is my "lucky (???) seven" year anniversary with TM. At this
time seven years ago, I was inside an MRI machine for over an hour
trying to hold as still as possible while my legs continued to spasm
about every three minutes. By far, the worse, most painful day of my life.

Though usually fairly optimistic and more on the positive side of my
feelings, I find myself in a more pensive and reflective state today.
Wondering what the next ten-to-twenty years look like... will I still be
able to function well enough on my own, without assistance? Will I be
able to keep the ugly monster at bay and not let it completely destroy
my outlook on life? Can I continue to find enough joy in my daily
existence?

I know I will have to forcibly take the reins and get myself out
regularly so as to not become a recluse in my own home. I have realized
since I had to "retire" from my job six years ago because of TM, other
people's lives have gone on and most have little time to waste coming to
visit or entertain me. I must make the effort if I want to maintain any
relationships outside my own home and family.

Of course, my fervent and continuing prayer is that by some miracle, a
cure and  treatment will be found that will help everyone saddled with
either TM or MS. As I begin another year of pain, medications,
limitations, etc., I wish everyone peace of mind and soul.

Hugs to all,
Betty
(in Northern California)