Hi Jude,

Sorry took so long to reply.  I have not read my emails for 2 ½ weeks or so.

I went for three trials by having the medicine injected into my spinal fluid
before actually implanting the pump.  I am going this Thursday to meet with
the surgeon.

First trial was Prialt (snail venom), this did help somewhat, I was able to
stand and sit longer without as much pain and my pants were not
electrocuting my thighs, not sure about lower legs.

Second was Baclofen, also helped somewhat.  I actually helped with some of
the sharper pains which surprised me, but I didn’t like how I felt on it and
I couldn’t sit up as long.

Third was morphine which seemed to be helping but then my face got itchy and
they ended up giving me a Benadryl shot so I just got groggy and lay down
mostly.

My general doctor told me she also had same reaction to Morphine during her
C-section.  Both of us have had intravenous morphine in the hospital with no
reaction.  She said they used a ????(started with a D) morphine which caused
the reaction.  Never knew there were different morphine’s.

All of these tests involved me staying at the facility on an uncomfortable
portable stretcher/bed for 6 hours.  It was to allow them to monitor my
reactions as the medicine peaks at around 4 hours after injection.  I was
not clear on what direction to go but the pain Doctor was happy with
results.  He is highly regarded in his field so I’m going to go with what he
suggests.

I am going forward with the Prialt which needs to be titrated slowly, so not
sure how long it is supposed to be before I feel full results.  He also
might end up putting a very small amount of Morphine (?).  Thursday I will
hopefully have a date for the implant surgery.  After that the pain doctor
is who I would continue to see for refills, checkups, etc.  I just hope it
helps.

Good luck with your trials.

Make it a great day,

Deb