Hi Rob,

>From what I hear I think you will be very happy.  The difference between the
amount of baclofen needed through the pump and taken orally is a lot.  If
you are currently taking Baclofen it most likely makes you groggy, the pump
should change that.

Not that I'm a doctor, but I agree 100% with yours.  My Neurologist has many
patients on Baclofen as he knows how well they work and does not shy away
from the extra effort on his part.  I believe doctors don't want to get
involved with the maintenance of the pump; checking levels, adding more meds
to it; restarting it after MRI and general upkeep of it.  It's easier to say
take x pills, x times a day.

I know I wrote in my email "Silly me, I was not expecting it to be this
uncomfortable and restraining".  That's because I never even gave one minute
of thought to the recovery.  I was just thinking about when it was going to
be done.  As with any surgery you will be sore, but after a few days the
worst of that is gone.  I think on the third day the swelling dropped a lot
and I felt much better.  I still can't reach, bend, etc but that is to make
sure the stitches stay put and the anchor they used to hold the catheter
heals nicely into the soft tissue.

I have a 4:00 appointment with the surgeon today, might get stitches out.

Good luck.

Make it a great day,

Deb