Thanks Nicolas for the quick reply

That will fix the issue but it is straining to the eyes - the best would be to turn off the colours
however,
Is there a way to go back to the original settings after setting fg= ? I dont want to use bg=black,fg=#CCCC or something like that. I just want to reset back to the original settings
something like fg=reset,bg=reset or fg=default