Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marri...@gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah we need to set the environment properly for job commands, there
> is an XXX in job.c for it.

Normally the environment is inherited from the parent process, but I see
you're using execle and explicitly passing an environment.  Why?

Wouldn't it be simpler to tell users to prepend "env -u FOO" (or "unset
FOO", since you're forcing all jobs through sh) instead, for the handful
of cases where you really need to REMOVE something from the parent
environment?

(FWIW, in addition to the locale, I can see that my screenrc's backticks
would break without my default environment's http_proxy/no_proxy, MAIL,
EMAIL, IMAPBIFF_HOST, ENV, PATH and PYTHONPATH.)