OS: FreeBSD 8.2R amd64

~/.tmux.conf:
set-option -g set-titles on
set-option -g set-titles-string #pwd"
set-window-option -g automatic-rename on
set-option -g status-interval 1

I want to change the title of xterm/uxterm dynamically when I use command
like "cd". That is to say, I want to show the current path for the
xterm/uxterm window anytime. I tried the upper config and failed. How to do
it ? thanks!