Hi all.  I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid).  The official repo package
has a very old version of tmux, so I am compiling from source.  I have the
readline development headers installed (libreadline-dev package), but when I
use my freshly compiled tmux, I do not have readline support in the tmux
command line.  For example, using Ctrl-P and Ctrl-U should scroll up to the
prior command, and delete to the beginning of the line, respectively, but
they do nothing.  tmux appears to have a non-autoconf "configure" script, so
I'm really not sure what the best way to debug this missing dependency
link-up is.  Has anyone run into this before?

 - Max