Hi,

I recently switched to using tmux from screen and have been loving it,
but I've noticed something that seems peculiar to me. I've done some
google searching and haven't been able to determine if this is
supposed to be happening or is just something particular to my setup.
Any enlightenment would be appreciated!

What I've been noticing is that tmux seems to be monitoring all of my
windows and autoclosing windows that have been idle for a certain
amount of time (I'm not exactly sure how long - seems to be maybe like
20 minutes or so). If I leave a tmux session alone long enough, it
will close all of the windows and close the session too. This isn't
really the behavior I expected or want. I'm looking for a way to have
it just leave my windows alone. I like to leave different windows in
certain directories, ready to work in. It's a bit frustrating when the
windows keep disappearing.

I tried adding this line to my .tmux.conf, thinking it might help:

set-window-option -g monitor-silence 0

but it doesn't seem to have affected the behavior at all. If anyone
recognizes this behavior or knows how to change it, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

I'm using tmux version 1.5 which I compiled on a x86_64 system running
linux kernel 2.6.25.10 (I think it's a CentOS system, but I didn't set
it up, don't know for sure). Also I manually compiled libevent since
it wasn't on my system (I used libevent-2.0.16-stable).

Jon