On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 07:44:20AM +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new to tmux, so please excuse if that question came up…
>
> In the FAQ
> http://tmux.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=tmux/tmux;a=blob;f=FAQ
> I read "* How can I make tmux use my terminal's scrollback buffer?" and
> applied
> the configuration change.
>
> This actually made me think - is there a way to use the terminal's scrollback
> buffer to scroll in the output of a pane?
>
> "Problem":
> I've got a layout like this:
>
> ------------------------
> -          0           -
> ------------------------
> -    1     |      2    -
> ------------------------
>
> Now I've got output in pane 1 or pane 2. How do I get easily to it?
>
> Start screenshot: http://ompldr.org/vZ2Z6Yw
> Scrolled: http://ompldr.org/vZ2Z6ZA
>
> As you can see there, it scrolled the complete window. That's not what
> I wanted. I scrolled with dragging on the vertical scrollbar of my terminal
> window (gnome terminal).
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Alexander
> --
> ☄ Google+ ↣ http://plus.skwar.me
> ☛ Lifestream (Twitter, …) ↣ http://sup.skwar.me
> ⚰ Twitter: @alexs77 ↣ http://twitter.com/alexs77
> ☞ Chat (Jabber/Google Talk) ↣ a.sk...@gmail.com

You must enter copy mode which by default is entered by hitting your
prefix key and then '['. The keys you must now hit in order to scroll are
determined by the mode-keys option. If mode-keys is set to vi, you
scroll with 'j' and 'k', and if mode-keys is set to emacs you scroll
with your arrow keys. For further information search for the "WINDOWS
AND PANES" section of the tmux manual.