Hi,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:46:05AM +0000, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> This breaks the case where I source a bad file from the command prompt,
> for example:
>
> echo 'set -g abc' >~/.tmux.conf
> tmux new
> C-b : source ~/.tmux.conf
>
> I guess you just don't reset the state after displaying it.
>
> I've applied your other diff to add show_cfg_causes.

It's slightly more complicated than this, unfortunately.

With the changes you applied for show_cfg_causes(), I took another look at
this with the idea of passing in the cmd_ctx to show_cfg_causes() -- that
way, show_cfg_causes() could also use that to work out whether to display
any errors using window_copy_add() or ctx->print().

Unfortunately, this still won't work correctly, and gets somewhat
complicated because it's almost impossible to tell the difference between
server statup and the "source-file" command being called outside of tmux or
from the command-line.

So I'm sending out V2 of these patches which fixes these things.  I admit I
don't much like the solution but it seems to work.  Details about the
patches follow in the V2 series.

Kindly,

-- Thomas Adam