You can get 90% of the way there, I actually used this for a while on my
desktop:
http://brainscraps.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrecting_tmux_Sessions_After_Reboot

It dumps your tmux panel history into a file and tmux pane layout as well.
It takes snapshots of your current session every hour, keeping track of the
last number of hours you specify. It will navigate to the directory you
were last in in each pane as well (by looking at your latest PS1 string).
It will not open the applications you had running for you and will not
syntax-highlight the output. However, when I was running it I wrote a
script to highlight terminal output based on command executed right before
(which can be easily grepped using your PS1 string).