On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Phil Dobbin <phildob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I've acquired a couple of legacy G4 PowerMacs running OS X Tiger 10.4.11
> & when trying to compile tmux I'm getting this error message:
>
> ':info:build osdep-darwin.c:22:21: error: libproc.h: No such file or
> directory
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c: In function ‘osdep_get_name’:
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:36: error: storage size of ‘bsdinfo’ isn’t known
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:43: warning: implicit declaration of function
> ‘proc_pidinfo’
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:43: error: ‘PROC_PIDTBSDINFO’ undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:43: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:43: error: for each function it appears in.)
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c: In function ‘osdep_get_cwd’:
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:53: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:54: error: storage size of ‘pathinfo’ isn’t
> known
> :info:build osdep-darwin.c:61: error: ‘PROC_PIDVNODEPATHINFO’ undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> :info:build make: *** [osdep-darwin.o] Error 1'
>
> It appears libproc-dev is missing & I'm unable to find an Apple version
> of it & I can't even find a tarball for it.

I am pretty sure that this is not related to Linux's libproc. I do not know
all the history, but I have heard that the relavant APIs were introduced
with OS X 10.5 (as a part of the DTrace implementation?), so you may be out
of luck compiling this specific code on 10.4.

> Does anybody know where I can get the relevant tarball from? Or any
> other workaround?

You might try rolling back to an older version of osdep-darwin.c. I do not
have a working 10.4 machine anymore, but it looks like the version from
c1b9948 (Change the way the working directory for new processes is
discovered. ..., 2011-12-09) is compatible with the current internal osdep
API, and I *think* it may work on 10.4 (at least the osdep_get_name code
looks largely the same as when it was the introduced, and I know that
previous versions of tmux did work on 10.4).

    git checkout c1b994852594b23b7443e01e05257c991684ba4e -- osdep-darwin.c

--
Chris