I originally wanted to patch PuTTY-Tray since that's the one I used to use.
However, it didn't compile for me in cygwin and I didn't want to install
Visual Studio for it. The patch I have posted in the thread (
https://github.com/atsepkov/putty-X
/commit/d57d1a582aed66b61737cf5c496dd74e86cb6cab.patch) can be applied on
top of vanilla Putty 0.62 without any modifications, and probably with
minor tweaks on top of any other PuTTY variant. Feel free to suggest that
PuTTY-Tray or KiTTY apply the above patch to their repo, I've added all of
the features from PuTTY-Tray into PuttyX anyway (via other patches and some
messing around with the code), so I'm happy with it.