Using tmux 1.7 and iTerm2, I create a new pane to the left of the current
pane by issuing:
split-window -h
swap-pane -U

This translates (with my configuration) to:
<prefix> % <prefix> K

Which in iTerm2 I can send as hex codes (I'm using Ctrl-A or hex 0x01 as
the prefix):
0x01 0x25 0x01 0x4b

This works with tmux 1.7 but in tmux 1.8 the "split window -h" command is
executed and then a "K" appears in the new pane. It appears as if the
second Ctrl-A is not sent.

I realise I can solve the issue by creating with new bindings which issue
compound commands, e.g.
bind-key K split-window -h \; swap-pane -U

but I thought I'd raise it since it doesn't seem to be documented in the
release notes and would perhaps be considered a bug.

James