All,

  Is there a way to enable xterm like “character class” mouse selection in
tmux’s mode-mouse?

 Just in case that sentence sounded like gibberish, to some, let me explain
what some of it means to help make sense of it.  Stop reading if you already
know what character classes are in xterm.

 A number of different terminal emulators (xterm, eterm, iterm, and putty) have
a thing called a character class.  Most of them default to the letters a..z and
0..9 plus /.  With that default in mind, a user can double click on a string in
the terminal and the selection will extend from the character that was double
clicked on, in both directions, until a character that isn’t in that class is
hit.

 Here is an example:

        abcd.abcd123/456;hello

If you double click on the 1 in that string, and the character class says that
a..z 0..9 and / are in the same class, the selection will be:

         abcd123/456

The . stops the selection when going left and the ; stops the selection when
going right because those characters are not in the character class.

My default tmux settings in this area are:
mode-mouse on
mouse-resize-pane on
mouse-select-pane on
mouse-select-window on

And I love those settings for everything except the double click selection
thing that I have done for 15 years and can’t reprogram myself to stop doing.
Which causes me to toggle mouse mode off and on frequently.

Any chance there is a way to set it up, or if not, could you guys add that?

-Mike.
ps. thanks so much for your efforts on tmux.  It really has changed the way I
work in a very positive way!