On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 02:47:09PM +0900, Tatsuo Natsukawa wrote:
> but a tmux resize-pane -t 1 -D 1 gives me:
>
> +---+---+
> |   |   |
> | 0 | 1 |
> |   |   |
> |   |   |
> +---+---+
> | 2 | 3 |
> |   |   |
> +---+---+
>
> I would like to resize pane 1 without resizing pane 0 with it. Please help.

It depends how your splits are created. If you create your 2x2 split
window like this (or with the equivalent key-bindings):

    tmux split-window -v
    tmux split-window -h -t 1
    tmux split-window -h -t 0

...then your tmux resize-pane command works as you describe, resizing
the entire row.

If you create your splits like this:

    tmux split-window -h
    tmux split-window -v -t 1
    tmux split-window -v -t 0

...then your tmux resize-pane command works as you want it to, just
resizing just the top-right hand pane.