---

** [tickets:#148] mouse-select-window ignores window-status-separator length**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Mon Aug 04, 2014 01:44 PM UTC by Sebastian
**Last Updated:** Mon Aug 04, 2014 01:44 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Having the following in my tmux config:

~~~~~~
set-option -g mouse-select-window on
set-window-option -g window-status-format '#I:#W'
set-window-option -g window-status-separator ' | '
~~~~~~

and many windows open, I have problems selecting windows. At least when trying
to click at the end of the window name, the next and not the clicked window is
selected. When I set window-status-separator to '', I have the same problem
clicking the beginning of window name, which selects the previous and not the
current window. Windows with short names can't be selected at all. It seems
like the mouse select always assumes a length of 1 for the status separator.

A workaround is to make everything that's longer than 1 part of the window name
instead of the separator:

~~~~~~
set-window-option -g window-status-format '#I:#W |'
set-window-option -g window-status-separator ' '
~~~~~~

This forces me to use

~~~~~~
set-window-option -g window-status-current-format '#[fg=white]#I:#W#[fg=black]
|'
~~~~~~

instead of

~~~~~~
set-window-option -g window-status-current-fg white
~~~~~~

Not great, but works.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a mailing
list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.