Hello,

I'm trying to enable 256color support in tmux(v1.9a), I have put the following
in my tmux.conf:

 > set -g update-environment 'DISPLAY SSH_ASKPASS SSH_AGENT_PID SSH_CONNECTION
 > WINDOWID XAUTHORITY TERM'
 > if "[[ ${TERM} =~ 256color || ${TERM} == fbterm ]]" 'set -g default-terminal
 > screen-256color'
 > set -g default-command "${SHELL}"

It works fine, except when there is another session have created in a different
terminal:
1. Ensure that there's no tmux session available, create a new tmux session on
tty(I'm using agetty, so TERM=linux), in this tmux session, TERM=screen
2. Switch to another tty where Xfce is running on, run
xfce4-terminal(TERM=xterm-256color) and create a new tmux session, in this tmux
session, the TERM variable should be 'screen-256color', however it is 'screen'.

Similarly, without creating first session on tty(agetty) but in xfce4-terminal,
create second session on tty, both of the TERM variable in tmux session are
'screen-256color'

Is it possible to fix this?