---

** [tickets:#160] Unable to bind F13 to F20**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Thu Oct 02, 2014 01:22 PM UTC by mMontu
**Last Updated:** Thu Oct 02, 2014 01:22 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

After updating tmux to the latest version some bind commands on my .tmux.conf
stopped working, despite they are still listed on `man tmux`:

    KEY BINDINGS
         tmux allows a command to be bound to most keys, with or without a
prefix key.
         When specifying keys, most represent themselves (for example ‘A’ to
‘Z’).      Ctrl
         keys may be prefixed with ‘C-’ or ‘^’, and Alt (meta) with ‘M-’.  In
addition,
         the following special key names are accepted: Up, Down, Left, Right,
BSpace,
         BTab, DC (Delete), End, Enter, Escape, F1 to F20, Home, IC (Insert),
         NPage/PageDown/PgDn, PPage/PageUp/PgUp, Space, and Tab.  Note that to
bind the
         ‘"’ or ‘'’ keys, quotation marks are necessary, for example:

           bind-key '"' split-window
           bind-key "'" new-window

I've been using it F20 to be able to map Ctrl-/, with the following my
~/.tmux.conf:

    # Enter copy-mode backward search from normal mode
    # https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/mailman/message/32378454/
    bind -n F20 copy-mode \; send-keys ?

, along the following in my ~/.Xdefaults

    ! maps C-/ to F20, to use as a tmux mapping
    URxvt.keysym.C-slash : \033[34~

It worked on the previous version; now it gives an error message:

    unknown key: F20

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a mailing
list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.