CFLAGS="-I/path/to/libevent/include" LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/libevent/lib"
./configure

include has event.h and the event directory

-------- Original message --------
From: Jeffery Joltes <jeff.jol...@gmail.com>
Date:09/01/2015  18:22  (GMT+00:00)
To: Nicholas Marriott
<nicholas.marri...@gmail.com>,tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Error building source

Thanks for your response Nicholas,

Well I am confused as to how to include the paths for libevent properly. On one
hand event.h seems to be referencing /event2/visibility.h --> which would
indicate that the main include path should be as follows

LIBEVENT_CFLAGS=-I/[path-to-home]/usr/include/libevent/

Note, I have symlinks between this directory and the include directory
delivered with the libevent source

And on the other hand tmux.h is referencing event.h and event_struct.h as if
the include path should be included like this

LIBEVENT_CFLAGS=I/[path-to-home]/usr/include/libevent/event2

is there a specific libevent version that is organized differently?

Also, I have symlinks directly to each of the libevent library files, allowing
for

LIBEVENT_LIBS=-L[path-to-home]/usr/lib/libevent

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 1:25 AM, Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
What exact command line do you use to configure?