On 2015-01-25 00:18 +0000, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have the backtrace anymore, I was busy and the
> easiest thing at the time was to revert it, it was definitely under
> grid_view_insert_cells and I couldn't see anything obvious.

I've kept running my main instance with this patch and managed to hit
the problem. After some trial and error I've managed to reproduce and
track down the problem. I made a wrong assumption, namely this one:

        (px) is always strictly smaller than (cellsize)

This is not true. Here's a simple repro where this patch segfaults tmux:

        echo -e '\e[C\e[@' # cursor right, insert 1 character

So basically my patch needs an extra line like much like the delete has:

        if (sx < px+nx) sx = px+nx;

Now the (sx - px - nx) expression will never underflow.

Having said that, I don't mind that this is not in tmux, just wanted to
point out the bug for historical reasons. :)

--
Balazs