---

** [tickets:#187] Add renumber-session and base-session-index option?**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Sun Apr 19, 2015 03:55 AM UTC by Pine Wu
**Last Updated:** Sun Apr 19, 2015 03:55 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Can you add a renumber-session option that's similar to renumber-windows, and a
base-session-index similar to base-index?

My usual workflow is opening a tmux session to watch build my project, then
opening some more sessions for coding. Usually I don't name the sessions so
their names are indexes.

Say I've created sessions 0, 1, 2 and closed 1, 2. If I create a new session,
it's 3 but I'd like it to be 1 if renumber-session is on.

And I also wish to start session numbering from 1 if base-session-index is set.

Thanks!

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a mailing
list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.