Honesty I think that the examples you quoted are all border line. I mean the
answers from developers are definitely improbable, just adding an emoticon I
think it will help to express the irony that probably I am catching in that
sentence and maybe you are not.

Frankly I believe that in any context, from source Forge forums to telling your
kids why they can't have more candies, it is quite bad and ineffective to say
just Yes or No without any supporting explanation.

In my opinion explaining is the key.

Therefore  it is surely a fault to reply with a one-liner because that can
hardly fit any explanations.